[mythtv-users] myxer theme configurator

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:20:26 UTC 2005

> I created some php scripts so you can preview the myxer theme:
> http://www.docum.org/staf/blog/index.php?catid=2&blogid=1
>
> You can choose the background, watermarks and buttons.  It will generate a
> preview how mythtv will probably look.  This is not perfect.  I don't know
> the exact place of the menu and the images, but at least it will give you an
> idea how it will look like.
>
> You can run it from my webserver (mirrors are welcome) or install it locally.
> It will not update the myxer config files, but it will give you the names of
> the used files.  You still need to run the Myxer configuration script to, but
> at least you have an idea about how it will look like.
>
> I'm no going to spend a lot of time in these scripts because the new MythtUI
> will do probaly do a better job.  But I think it makes the myxer theme more
> attractive then it already was.

This sounds great, but I cant' get it working. I downloaded myxer.tar
and untarred it into /var/www/html which is m\the root dir for apache
on my FC3 distro. I can get the indedx page up but when I select one
of the links for buttons I just a table of grey buttons all saying
"oops". Similarly, when I click the backgrounds link I get a mostly
empty table with some cells containing "oops". So I'm not able to
select anything to get a preview.

The dir /usr/share/mythtv/themes/Myxer/MyxerCustomizer exists and
there are some sub-dirs under it which contain images etc.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'd really like to try this out.

PS, your page has an invalid link under the "myxer frontend" heading -
http://www.docum.org/staf/mythtv/myxer.php

Regards,
Phill