[mythtv-users] New Myth/ivtv error

Steve Pugh spugh at edenfx.com
Wed Jun 22 16:22:49 UTC 2005

Hello all,

My Myth box, specs below, has been in "safe production" (the old Replay
TV is not yet unplugged) for about two weeks now.  Over the weekend, it
became unresponsive to remote and I could not get in via Mythweb.  SSH
was sluggish but I could get in.  Restarting gave me the 'GDM could not
write to your authorization file" error, and executing 'df -h' showed
that my hda / partition was 100% full.

I traced the culprit to /var/log/syslog, which was almost 700MB.
Roughly 99% of it was the following, repeating and very frequent judging
from the timestamps:

    mythtv kernel: ivtv: DEC: Decoder wants 0x00010000 bytes, bad memory
location 0x00010000.
    mythtv kernel ivtv: DEC: Decoder wants 0x00010000.

The above lines repeat anywhere from eight to twelve times, sometimes
the shorter line will appear twice, sometimes the longer line within the
repeating block, then the following might appear, and then they repeat
some more:

    mythtv kernel ivtv: DEC: Decoder w010000.

I'm going to post this to the ivtv list as well, but y'all are pretty
smart people and so I thought I'd ask you as well.  Thanks for any
suggestions/ideas you can offer!

    -Steve
    Dual 2.4GHz Intel
    Knoppmyth R5A16, Myth 0.18.1