[mythtv-users] No sound from PVR-500 Tuner, working with Line In

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 17:43:53 UTC 2005

I had a similar, but different problem.  I had both video tuners working, but
would only capture sound on the first tuner for some reason.  Doh!

Anyways, I more or less followed this guide:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4704&highlight=pvr+500

It's a little bit dated, but still very helpful.  At first I followed the
directions but instead of using the ivtv version 0.3.5f drivers I used a newer
one (I don't remember which).  This resulted in the no-sound-on-tuner-2 problem
(I can't remember what exactly the problem was, but I BELIEVE it had something
to do with firmware not being loaded properly).  I then started over using
0.3.5f and I haven't had much trouble since then.

--Jack