[mythtv-users] OT: building an HD Frontend for $250 or less

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 17:55:30 UTC 2005

Mythweb Questions for all :

mythweb 0.18 -- i get  Beer theme ?? How do I get rid of it !
mythweb 0.18.1 -- no more beer but some other language theme !

John,

Good to hear that your problems got fixed !!
WAF is super high for the LP2 :-)

Regarding, scheduling recording etc. You can goto mythweb on your mythbox
from LP2. I've created an html page on the docroot of wizd which has

mythtvbe at wizd $ l /myth/wizd_root/
total 16
-rw-r--r--   1 mythtv mythtv   74 Jun 18 07:44 MythWeb.html
drwxr-xr-x  42 mythtv mythtv 4096 Jun 12 08:48 Photos/
drwxr-xr-x   2 mythtv mythtv 4096 Jun 12 08:25 Radio/
drwxr-xr-x   5 mythtv mythtv 4096 Jun 18 07:33 Videos/

mythtvbe at wizd $ cat /myth/wizd_root/MythWeb.html

Where 192.168.123.3 is my mythweb IP address.
When you click on the MythWeb.html link in the LP2, it takes you to
the mythweb page :-)

Now the wierd part, I only see the Australian Beer Theme (running 0.18
version). If I upgrade to 0.18.1 myth (including mythweb), then I get
some foreign language. Beer theme is okay as I can schedule recording
based on beerology protocol.

Since LP2 is not a full fledged web client, I'd like to see a real
simple stripped down web interface (may be similar to WAP) ported for
it. As I see, we will see more of these devices in future connected to
mythtv. Dont know if/how I can configure mythweb to run in WAP mode
when communicating with LP2.

I've written some scripts which creates soft links from the programs
in  /myth/tv directory to directories under docroot. For eg,

lrwxrwxrwx  1 mythtv mythtv 47 Jun 21 20:43 /myth/wizd_root/Videos/TV
Programs/Shows/Two_and_a_Half_Men/Smell_the_Umbrella_Stand_on_June_06th_at_9_31_PM.mpg
-> /myth/tv/1032_20050606213100_20050606220400.nuv

So I can browse the wizd server directories on the LP2 and then watch
the recorded shows.

More later when I've a working version of liveTV :-)

Thanks
Mudit