[mythtv-users] Re: Problem playing back some recordings on remote frontend

Jerry jbeuree at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:23:00 UTC 2005

On 6/15/05, Obie Fayth <bibendum59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> These are non-transcoded mp2 files recorded by Myth. I know the FE &
> BE were both up to date as of a couple of weeks ago, but I'll double
> check to make sure that is still the case. Thanks for the tip on the
> libraries, I'll see if there are any differences between the FE & BE.
>
> fwiw, I discovered that the strange inability to fast forward or skip
> past the 90~ minute mark on long recordings also occurs in xine.

I've run into the same problems and haven't found a solution yet. I've
got some recordings which work perfectly find on the backend/frontend
combination machine, yet have lots of problems on a remote frontend.
Likewise, the bookmarks aren't even used for these recordings on the
remote frontend and it always starts playing from the beginning even
though I've verified that the bookmarks are used on the backend.

This all worked perfectly fine in the 0.17 release. I'm considering
downgrading until someone finds a solution or workaround.

Cheers,
Jerry