[mythtv-users] Big fat blue bar with Internal player

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:39:25 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Marshall Crocker <marshall at iconux.org> wrote:
> I think this is a problem with the nvidia driver.  The default color for
> the video overlay is blue so it outputs blue for resolutions that do not
> take up the whole screen.  You have to use the xvattr command to set the
> overlay color to black:
>
> xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0
>
> You may have to install xvattr.
>
> Marshall

What is interesting is that I see this as well on ALL recordings be it
mplayer, xine, or internal.  Also, it looks like the video being
displayed is not centered on the blue overlay.  The video appears to
be down and to the right.  The reason I say this is that no matter how
much I overscan, and how low I take the resolution, I still get this
blue over lay issue.  I know that the command above only changes the
color of the overlay when in fact we need a way to "move" the video
being displayed up and to the left (for me at least, others need it up
and to the right).  I have tried using powerstrip to get timings, but
that doesn't work at all.  The screen just stays in the same place and
isn't affected by moves in PowerStrip.  I do get to a point if I move
the screen enough, it goes haywire on me and I can't see anything.
Has anyone found a resolution for this issue that is actually a
resolution and not a switch the color but won't be able to see all
edges of a video?  Thanks!  I love MythTV.  I don't even watch live TV
anymore.  I have a BUNCH of videos on my PC as well and it is SOOO
nice to be able to watch them on my big screen and not on my PC
screen.  Thanks again!