[mythtv-users] Lirc doesn't work

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:07:20 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, Oscar Curero <Oscar at naiandei.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now I'm trying to setup my remote control using the lirc daemon (suse) and the
> pvr-350. Although it's not perfect (I mean, suse is different), I'm following
> the howto for fedore core.
>
> The howto says:
> If you get one or two [OK]'s, then proceed to testing the remote (one is for
> lircd, one is for lircmd; you only really need lircd). If not, check
> /var/log/messages to see if you can figure out what went wrong. To begin
> testing, fire up the irw tool:"
>
> For me, irw doesn't give my anything. Some buttons produce a "dmesg" output
> (there are other buttons that neither produce irw nor dmesg output):
>
> For "ok" button:
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x25 raw=0x37a5 down=1
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x25 raw=0x37a5 down=0
>
> For "down" button:
>
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x15 raw=0x3f95 down=1
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x15 raw=0x3f95 down=0
>
> For "video" button:
>
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x18 raw=0x3798 down=1
> i2c IR (Hauppauge): unknown key: key=0x18 raw=0x3798 down=0

Assuming the correct drivers are loaded, it is possible your
/etc/lircd.conf (or SuSE equivalent) file is either incomplete or
incorrect for your remote control. irw uses this file in order to tell
you which keys you are pressing, so if it doesn't understand a
particular key, it will either give an error or nothing at all.

Nick