[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 03:00:52 UTC 2005

I'm starting down the JP1 road.

For starters (to give myself something to be happy about while I
figure out this JP1 stuff) I just did the normal "learning"
functionality with the remote and a wireless keyboard and quickly used
up all the memory.

I learned the volume keys to my audio receiver (a DVD
home-theater-in-a-box), but noticed that I can't just hold down the
volume key on the remote control. To get more than one "tick" of
volume adjustment, I have to repeatedly press and release the RS
15-2116 volume key (e.g., I can't just hold down the 15-2116 volume
key for a "big" volume adjustment).

Is this normal? Is there a trick to being able to just hold down the
volume key and have it work? This happens whether I'm in "My System"
mode or "DVD" mode.

The stock audio receiver remote control allows me to hold down the
button.

Thanks,
--Rob