[mythtv-users] Playing MPEG2 nuv files under windows

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Thu Jun 23 06:46:40 UTC 2005

Michael Anthon wrote:

> What do people suggest for playing an MPEG2 nuv file under windows.
> The file is recorded in TS mode from a DVB card.

Further to this I've been thinking and researching a little about doing
a streaming type setup to play the files.  It's trivial to set up a web
download for the files but none of the players I have tried will start
playing before the file is fully downloaded.  On the other hand,
accessing via a samba share works well and they do start to play almost
immediately.

It would be easy to modify the mythweb "recorded programs" page to
include a link to a properly streamed version of the file but has anyone
set this up before?  I suspect something like icecast or darwin
streaming server might be the go but is there some better alternatives?

Cheers,
Michael