[mythtv-users] bigger fonts please

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 23 11:13:38 UTC 2005

On June 23, 2005 12:41 am, Phill Edwards wrote:
> > However... is this *really* the solution?  What about all the font size
> > options in the Myth config?  You can set the point sizes for small,
> > medium, and large fonts.  On my machine, changing those has never done
> > anything and I don't know why.  That's why I eventually used the dpi hack
> > method.
> >
> > >From reading the other messages, it seems that most people try changing
> > > the
> >
> > font sizes first, then fall back to changing the dpi when that doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > So... what's wrong?  Why don't the font items in the config menu change
> > anything?  Does it have to do with the environment?  I'm running Myth on
> > a Debian machine using AfterStep as my WM.  Aside from font issues, I
> > haven't had any problems at all.
>
> I agree. I tried changing the font size in setup and it didn't appear
> to make any difference to anything. I'm using the MythCenter theme if
> that makes any difference. Maybe it's a theme support thang?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

For me, changing the font size in the setup changed a few things.  For
example, the "do you really want to exit mythtv" options and the delete
recording submenu.  Everything else seems to be hardcoded in to the themes.
Unfortunately, the themes seem to define the font sizes for nearly every line
of text individually.  That means that when I created my own modified version
of titivilius, ( I called it Bigvilius), I had to change the xml files line
by line.

It would be really nice if the themes could be written where all of the sizes
could be referred to as something like "bigsize, mediumsize, smallsize,
tinysize, and hugesize".  Then the actual sizes could be changed in one
central place, or even obey the setup options.

Mark