[mythtv-users] Playback vid corruption with 1080i (with pics)

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Jun 23 13:04:23 UTC 2005

Glen Dragon wrote:
> I'm still seeing the problem that I reported a week or so ago.  I took
> some pictures to show the effect. Hopefully someone knows something.
> Interestingly enough it is also causing the same effect on the OSD.
> Pics:     http://www.jetcom.org/gallery/dragon-myth
> (There is some bluring due to difficulties in taking the picture, as I
> didn't have the tripod around. It really does look like that tho)
>
> I've tried different nvidia drivers (7664, 7167, 6629) no difference.
> I'm not sure what else to try.

Deinterlacing is clearly not working in these pictures.  The stripes are
so wide because something (probably your video card) is scaling the
pictures to a resolution less than 1080 lines high.  Double-check you
have deinterlacing enabled, and check the output from 'mythfrontend
--verbose playback'.  Also note that bob deinterlacing is disabled if
you're playing at a speed other than 1x.

-Doug