[mythtv-users] bigger fonts please

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:18:25 UTC 2005

On 6/22/05, John Gruenenfelder <johng at as.arizona.edu> wrote:
> I see this solution posted all the time.  I used this solution to make X think
> I was using a 100 dpi display so the fonts would be bigger.
>
> However... is this *really* the solution?  What about all the font size
> options in the Myth config?  You can set the point sizes for small, medium,
> and large fonts.  On my machine, changing those has never done anything and I
> don't know why.  That's why I eventually used the dpi hack method.

Yes it's the real solution.  Themes are designed to be viewed at
standard viewing distances on a 27inch display with and 800x600
display running at 100dpi.  So unless your display is at 100dpi
nothing is going to look like it should regardless of the
small/medium/large fonts.  it's not a "hack" is a properly configured
Myth box.