[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV and Harmony remotes

Nate Thompson nightstrm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:35:04 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, Nate Thompson <nightstrm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone is using one of the Logitech Harmony remotes
> with their MythTV box, and if so, what the easiest way to configure it
> is. I noticed that they have included MythTV as a manufacturer in
> their online remote database, but I'm assuming that you'd need the
> comparable LIRC config files as well for it to work. I'm planning on
> picking up one of the new Harmony 880 remotes soon, but am hoping to
> find out the best way to get things configured would be.
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> Nate

Just an update, I decided to pickup the Harmony 680 which is on sale
at Tigerdirect.com right now for $99, instead of waiting for the 880.
The main reason for this, besides the price, was that I think the
button layout will work better with all the functions that MythTV
offers. Hopefully things will go relatively smoothly and it'll be up
and running in no time.

Nate