[mythtv-users] Re: Wrong colors on EPIA S-Video TVout :-(

Micah.Wedemeyer at gtri.gatech.edu Micah.Wedemeyer at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 23 13:36:00 UTC 2005

> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:18:48 +0200
> From: Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Wrong colors on EPIA S-Video TVout :-(
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> Hello World,
>
> I have problem with screen quality on S-Video TV-Out on my
> EPIA M10k & KnoppMyth 5A16 (the same problem with 5A12 2& 5A15.1).
>
> Config:
> -EPIA M10k (latest BIOS 1.16)
> -KnoppMyth 5A16
> -WD200G
> -LiteON DVD RW
>
> HW was tested with MCE2k5 - colors are OK, so it isn't problem of HW.
>
> Using LCD attached to VGA also gives all OK (proper colors, etc).
>
> Connecting TV via S-Video gives wrong colors and "16 colors depth"
> symptoms (only few, errant colors on TV with coarse
> transitions between them).
>
> Have somebody how to resolve this issue ?
>

> --
> cYa, 3.14iotr/2
> Nie ma złych systemów operacyjnych. Może tylko brakować alkoholu !!!
> W takiej sytuacji dobry programista wiesza się wraz z
> programem.... ;-P
> Hiroshima'45;   Czernobyl'86;   Windows'95
>
> Zwrotne bajty daj na "warpme_removeit_ at o2.pl"

Do you have "Use XV picture controls" turned on in the mythfrontend options?  When I had this option flagged, it was like watching a photo-negative.  People with blue skin was the biggest problem.  Turning the option off, then restarting X (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace) solved it for me.

Of course, this is only if the problem happens while watching video inside mythfrontend.

Micah