[mythtv-users] Re: AutoExpireDefault in settings table

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:49:04 UTC 2005

On 6/23/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 07:05:16AM -0500, Mercury Morris wrote:
> > The Question:  Can I add AutoExpireDefault to the settings table in
> > mythconverge ?
> >
> > The background:  Comparing two separate MythTV systems' "settings"
> > tables, the older system built in 2004 has AutoExpireDefault in the
> > database.
> >
> > The newer system, built fresh this month, does not have
> > AutoExpireDefault. This post to the Dev List, may explain why there
> > is a difference between the two systems' databases:
> >
> > http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/135957?search_string=AutoExpireDefault;#135957
> >
> > I used phpMyAdmin to compare the two "settings" tables and
> > discovered the AutoExpireDefault difference (among other
> > differences, of course).
> >
> > On the newer system, it is quite annoying to set AutoExpire for each
> > program to be recorded.  On the older system, AutoExpire is always
> > set for programs to be recorded.
> >
> > If it is possible to add AutoExpireDefault to the settings table,
> > WITHOUT disabling/destroying the database, could it be done with
> > phpMyAdmin, or from the command line, or some other way ?
> >
> > Any recommendations would be most welcome.
>
> I just added it manually to the database (mysql, phpadmin, etc. are
> all fine). The rest of the source code still honors the setting (if
> present in the database); it's just that the UI was removed from
> mythfrontend setup (for some still-unknown reason).

Thanks, Rob, that's very reassuring.  I mean the fact that you already
added it and suffered no ill effects - that's the good news.

It's still a mystery why no one has responded to your post in
the Dev List.  It makes no sense for AutoExpireDefault to
be omitted - that's the bad news.

Thanks again.

--
MM