[mythtv-users] Problem: Mythfrontend "thinks" there are no recordings

Tommy Adkins tommy.adkins at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 14:56:21 UTC 2005

Ant Daniel wrote:

>:$ for some reason email wasn't showing me all you wrote. My stuff
>probably not relevant.
>
>When you run MythWeb is it running directly on the back end, or on
>another machine?
>If on the backend, then it would imply to me that it's a networking
>problem, between the frontend/backend.
>
>Ant.
>
>On 6/23/05, Ant Daniel <antdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I get this if the mythbackend dies or can't be contacted. If you try
>>to 'Watch TV' it says something like "Cannot locate mythbackend on
>>localhost"
>>
>>Ant.
>>
>>On 6/23/05, Jeroen Doumen <doumen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>I get this whenever mythfrontend doesn't have permissions to rad the files -
>>>check whether mythfrontend is suid root, or whether the user you're running
>>>as has sufficient priviliges.
>>>
>>>   Jeroen

>>>came

>>>talking.

>>>no

Here is a little more info based on the responses thus far:

- Not running NFS.  I think it is called ext3/extended3.
- Frontend, backend, and mythweb are all on the same box.
- I've tried running frontend as root and same problem.
- I can watch Live TV.
- I can view upcoming recordings and past recordings from the frontend

Any other thoughts?  Should I look at the source code to see the query
that is used to retrieve the show names in case it joins other tables to
the 'recorded' table.  Remember I deleted all records from that table
but one good one.  This was in case a show name/info had some special
characters.  It worked on a Thursday.  Recorded some shows over the
weekend.  Then I tried to watch them on Monday.  Then BAM, this happened!

Thanks again for any help/suggestions,
Tommy