[mythtv-users] Problem: Mythfrontend "thinks" there are no recordings

Tommy Adkins tommy.adkins at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 15:21:43 UTC 2005

Donavan Stanley wrote:

>On 6/23/05, Tommy Adkins <tommy.adkins at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Here is a little more info based on the responses thus far:
>>
>>- Not running NFS.  I think it is called ext3/extended3.
>>

>The two are not mututally exclusive.  However that's a read herring
>since the software doesn't check to see if the file exists before
>showing it to you in the list.  However, using ext3 for storing your
>recordings is a bad idea. xfs, jfs or Reiser is a much better choice.
>

>>Any other thoughts?  Should I look at the source code to see the query
>>that is used to retrieve the show names in case it joins other tables to
>>the 'recorded' table.  Remember I deleted all records from that table
>>but one good one.  This was in case a show name/info had some special
>>characters.  It worked on a Thursday.  Recorded some shows over the
>>weekend.  Then I tried to watch them on Monday.  Then BAM, this happened!
>>

>Check to see what recording group you're viewing by hitting the MENU
>key in the watch recordings.  Chances are you've somehow set yourself
>into a group with no programs in it.

Donavan is the man!  It turns out that my recording group was changed to
"".  Literally, there is an option in the list that is blank.  The other
two are "Default" and "All Programs".  I've never changed it, I
promise!  Anyway, I changed it to "All Programs" as before and all my
shows came back.

I'll consider changing the file system during my next OS upgrade.
Problem is you have to move your shows to another storage device in the
mean time, and I have a lot of shows I am trying to get around to watching.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply,
Tommy