[mythtv-users] Playback vid corruption with 1080i (with pics)

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 16:41:17 UTC 2005

--- Glen Dragon <gad at jetcom.org> wrote:

> I'm still seeing the problem that I reported a week or so ago.  I
> took
> some pictures to show the effect. Hopefully someone knows something.
> Interestingly enough it is also causing the same effect on the OSD.
> Pics:     http://www.jetcom.org/gallery/dragon-myth
> (There is some bluring due to difficulties in taking the picture, as
> didn't have the tripod around. It really does look like that tho)

Isn't the 1920x1080i signal pushing the limits of what DVI can handle?
I presume you have a single-channel DVI.  It almost looks to me like
the set is on the hairy edge of sync with that signal.  The 720p
signals push slightly less information, which could explain why the ABC
broadcasts work.

I don't suppose the set has a VGA input for comparison?  (Some do, like
my old-tech Pioneer RPTV with quaint "CRT" technology.)