[mythtv-users] [OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 17:05:09 UTC 2005

> 15-2116 owner here:

I'm pretty happy with the remote, except (heh) for one thing. I can't
find a good/obvious button to emit the "D" key (delete recording).
There is no "Clear" button (a la TiVo remote).

For now, I just navigate my way through the menus, but it takes too
many keystrokes to delete something. I plan to code something up to
allow configuration of the the default "Delete" selection ("Yes +
Re-record", "Yes", "No"), but I'd still like to hit "D" when watching
the trailing credits of a recording.

Any ideas from other 15-2116 owners?

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy. Instead of two remotes and a big ol'
keyboard, I just have a not-quite-as-svelte-as-my-old-TiVo-remote
15-2116.

--Rob