[mythtv-users] plextor m402u. Which linux distribution coldplugs it properly ?

EC mythtv at magi-tech.com
Thu Jun 23 17:15:14 UTC 2005

Hmmm, on my distribution (gentoo), at least, the coldplug scripts use a
slightly different vendor id than the hotplug scripts (coldplug has a
leading 0).  I don't know if it's a kernel issue, a module loading order
issue, or a cold/hot plug issue.

   I just tweaked the /etc/hotplug/usb/wis-ezusb (supplied by plextor)
script to accept either, and everything (ie device cold, computer cold;
device hot, computer cold; device cold, computer hot; and device hot,
computer hot) works.

   Here is a quick patch for the wis-ezusb that works for me (YMMV).
Just copy it to the directory:/etc/hotplug/usb (or wherever your hotplug
usb vendor scripts live), and do patch < PATCH_FILE.  It's a pretty
trivial change (adds just 3 characters).

*** wis-ezusb.orig      Mon Jun 20 07:21:03 2005
--- wis-ezusb   Thu Jun 23 02:52:23 2005
***************
*** 18,22 ****

  # (USB 2.0) PX-M402U
! 93b/a002/*)
      FIRMWARE=$FIRMWARE_DIR/hpi_PX-M402U.hex
      FLAGS="-t fx2"
--- 18,22 ----

  # (USB 2.0) PX-M402U
! *93b/a002/*)
      FIRMWARE=$FIRMWARE_DIR/hpi_PX-M402U.hex
      FLAGS="-t fx2"
***************
*** 24,28 ****

  # (USB 2.0) PX-TV402U
! 93b/a004/*)
      FIRMWARE=$FIRMWARE_DIR/hpi_PX-TV402U.hex
      FLAGS="-t fx2"

  # (USB 2.0) PX-TV402U
! *93b/a004/*)
      FIRMWARE=$FIRMWARE_DIR/hpi_PX-TV402U.hex
      FLAGS="-t fx2"

  # (USB 2.0) LifeView LR192 (TV Walker Ultra)
! eb1/6666/*)
      FIRMWARE=$FIRMWARE_DIR/hpi_LR192.hex