[mythtv-users] [OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:59:34 UTC 2005

On 6/23/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > 15-2116 owner here:
>
> I'm pretty happy with the remote, except (heh) for one thing. I can't
> find a good/obvious button to emit the "D" key (delete recording).
> There is no "Clear" button (a la TiVo remote).
>
> For now, I just navigate my way through the menus, but it takes too
> many keystrokes to delete something. I plan to code something up to
> allow configuration of the the default "Delete" selection ("Yes +
> Re-record", "Yes", "No"), but I'd still like to hit "D" when watching
> the trailing credits of a recording.
>
> Any ideas from other 15-2116 owners?

I'm not a 15-2116 owner, but on my JP1 remote I created a macro for
delete. It hits escape, then right, then up (This gets you to the
delete selection), then right and then up again. This leaves me at the
delete recording prompt. I could get it to press right one more time
and it would do exactly what you are asking. May be a long way around,
but it doesn't require me programming another button I can't remember
where I put.

--
I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.