[mythtv-users] [OT] Radio Shack 15-2116 remote control

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 23 18:16:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 12:59:34PM -0500, John Williams wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > > 15-2116 owner here:
> >
> > I'm pretty happy with the remote, except (heh) for one thing. I
> > can't find a good/obvious button to emit the "D" key (delete
> > recording). There is no "Clear" button (a la TiVo remote).
> >
> > For now, I just navigate my way through the menus, but it takes
> > too many keystrokes to delete something. I plan to code something
> > up to allow configuration of the the default "Delete" selection
> > ("Yes + Re-record", "Yes", "No"), but I'd still like to hit "D"
> > when watching the trailing credits of a recording.
> >
> > Any ideas from other 15-2116 owners?
>
> I'm not a 15-2116 owner, but on my JP1 remote I created a macro for
> delete. It hits escape, then right, then up (This gets you to the
> delete selection), then right and then up again. This leaves me at
> the delete recording prompt. I could get it to press right one more
> time and it would do exactly what you are asking. May be a long way
> around, but it doesn't require me programming another button I can't
> remember where I put.

Umm, so to what button did you assign that macro? :)

FWIW, I don't think you need to program a macro for delete; you can
just program the "D" keystroke and get the same effect (more flexibly,
because you can also hit "D" in the "Watch Recordings" screen, whereas
I think your macro only applies when you're actually watching
something, and can't be used in the "Watch Recordings" screen).

So yeah, this was more a 15-2116-specific question, since it doesn't
have a WAF-fy "Clear" or "Delete" button anywhere like the TiVo
remote.

--Rob