[mythtv-users] System Crashes & Restarts

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 19:59:21 UTC 2005

> If I go back to a new install of Fedora Core 1 , what kind of challenges
> will I face with the apt-repositories and is there a HOW TO still available
> to point me to the proper files?

since MythTV has evolved a lot since any of the FC1 docs were written
or maintained, I would suspect that any FC1 HOWTOs would be quite
dated and would require a fair degree of interpretation.

I'm happily still on FC1 (although I've updated so many packages from
source now that it's hardly FC1 anymore). I see very infrequent
package updates for FC1 in general, and if I were building a new box
from scratch, I'd definitely use a more recent and actively supported
distribution as my base.

If my FC1 mythtv box imploded tonight and I had to start from
scratch..., at the moment, I'd use Ubuntu, but... I'd estimate that
building mythtv on FC3 at the moment is probably the path of least
resistance.

Have you thought about trying to *FIX* whatever your issues are in
your current mythtv setup? That actually might be a lot less work than
a reinstall, and you'll learn a lot, too.