[mythtv-users] Intel vs AMD for Myth - dual core....

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 04:39:47 UTC 2005

Dave,

The HD recording is already in mpeg2. If you get a decent nvidia
graphics card with component output (gt6200, gt6600, gt6800), then
most of the hardware processing can be offloaded to the graphics card.

The dual core will only help you in transcoding from mpeg2 to mpeg4.
My HD setup is HD3000, Sempron 3000+, 512MB DDR for backend.
For frontend, I've IOData AVeL Link Player 2.

Thanks
Mudit