[mythtv-users] Direct TV implementation?

Jim Trudell jamestrudell at verizon.net
Fri Jun 24 04:46:49 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "David George" <david at thegeorges.us>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Direct TV implementation?

> Jim Trudell wrote:
>
> > First off, i'm new, so Hello everyone.
> >
> > Alright, i'm ready to build this thing, but i'm trying to figure out
> > how i would go about using it with DirectTV.   Is there an easy way to
> > do it? How should i start?  My set top box doesnt have a USB/Firewire
> > port or anything.
> >

> Here is a link that should help you out.
>
> http://mythhd.info/directv.html

Thanks for that link.  It seems theres no magic, its the exact way i thought
it would be, in which case, i'm going to have to move on to another
solution.  I'd like to be able to record and watch or do PIP with this
solution and for that, i'd need dual boxes and a bunch of workarounds.
Thanks again

James