[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and TVOut(S-Video)

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:03:31 UTC 2005

On 24/06/05, Steve Nuffer <nuffersp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been reading the forums for awhile and finally made a purchase of a
> PVR-350.  I have googled and tried different config combos.  Can't seem to
> get it working.
>
> I'm not too sure what goes into the modules.conf, modprobe.conf or what can
> be done my command line instead. I have seen multiple examples...
>
> I haven't seen anything useful on the S-Video output but snow (zebra colors)
> etc.  Haven't tried the RCA
>
> Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreicated.

I still remember trying to set up my PVR350, when I knew little about
linux, and nothing about Myth.  It took me about three evenings!

It's difficult when you don't know what supposed to happen at each stage.

If you follow Jarod Wilson's guide you won't go wrong.  He covers the
PVR350 very well, and you're modprobing looks OK.

What are you doing when you get the snow?  ie are you trying to output
X to the S-Video output, in which case you want to look at your
xorg.conf file and xorg.log.0.  Or are you running Myth on the console
and trying to select a channel?

BTW you need to have your channels set up in the database, before
you'll see any pictures using Myth.

Sorry if you're way beyond this stage, but you didn't give much to go on.