[mythtv-users] Trying to understand the architechture

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Jun 24 11:04:05 UTC 2005

You need 1 card per person actively watching TV. The only exception would be
if more than one wanted to watch the same show. They could schedule the show
to record and watch the recording which is being made off of 1 card.

You could put a card in each set top. However, I believe, it would require a
hd in each for pausing live tv. I may be wrong and they could use the
network to save to the remote backend. Either way you would need to have a
local backend configured.

Marc