[mythtv-users] Direct TV implementation?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Fri Jun 24 13:11:44 UTC 2005

On 6/24/2005 12:46 AM, Jim Trudell wrote:

> [...]
Yes, you will need two satellite receivers and two capture cards, but
any solution where you watch one channel and record another or if you do
PIP will require two tuners.  Yes, I know about the DirecTiVo which has
two tuners built-in (I have one).  You won't need a lot of workarounds
though as MythTV is designed to do this.  I have two DirecTv receivers
and two HDTV capture cards in my backend and can record 4 shows and
watch something I already recorded at once.

The only thing you will lose is being able to record HDTV from DirecTv
unless you have a particular HDTV receiver and get the 169time.com
modification.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info