[mythtv-users] Re: Wrong colors on EPIA S-Video TVout :-(

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:31:54 UTC 2005

On 6/23/05, Micah.Wedemeyer at gtri.gatech.edu
<Micah.Wedemeyer at gtri.gatech.edu> wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:18:48 +0200
> > From: Warpme <warpme at o2.pl>
> > Subject: [mythtv-users] Wrong colors on EPIA S-Video TVout :-(
> > To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> >
> > Hello World,
> >
> > I have problem with screen quality on S-Video TV-Out on my
> > EPIA M10k & KnoppMyth 5A16 (the same problem with 5A12 2& 5A15.1).
> >
> > Config:
> > -EPIA M10k (latest BIOS 1.16)
> > -KnoppMyth 5A16
> > -WD200G
> > -LiteON DVD RW
> >
> > HW was tested with MCE2k5 - colors are OK, so it isn't problem of HW.
> >
> > Using LCD attached to VGA also gives all OK (proper colors, etc).
> >
> > Connecting TV via S-Video gives wrong colors and "16 colors depth"
> > symptoms (only few, errant colors on TV with coarse
> > transitions between them).
> >
> > Have somebody how to resolve this issue ?
> >

> > --
> > cYa, 3.14iotr/2
> > Nie ma złych systemów operacyjnych. Może tylko brakować alkoholu !!!
> > W takiej sytuacji dobry programista wiesza się wraz z
> > programem.... ;-P
> > Hiroshima'45;   Czernobyl'86;   Windows'95
> >
> > Zwrotne bajty daj na "warpme_removeit_ at o2.pl"
>
> Do you have "Use XV picture controls" turned on in the mythfrontend options?  When I had this option flagged, it was like watching a photo-negative.  People with blue skin was the biggest problem.  Turning the option off, then restarting X (Ctrl+Alt+Backspace) solved it for me.
>
> Of course, this is only if the problem happens while watching video inside mythfrontend.
>
> Micah

Probably not the same problem, but a new install of Kubuntu and Myth
on my M10000
gave me similiar problems.....crt display was good, myth display on
S-Video was good,
but as soon as I tried to play any media the colors on the TV seemed
to scramble.

I finally solved the problem (and got XvMC working) by compiling and
installing the
latest Xorg / DRM / Mesa .

Barry