[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit choice

Jeroen Brosens jeroen at fotoniq.nl
Fri Jun 24 16:13:40 UTC 2005

For a good image quality: do not use SiS. The chip doesn't support any
form of vsync control, neither hardware or software; even a
vga-rgb/scart cable doesn't give optimal results. Therefore, tv-out
using the bob deinterlacer (the only filter producing fluid motion) goes
jittering every now and then, which I found to be quite annoying. I have
the Pundit non-R and placed an AGP nVidia GeForce MX4000 card in it; now
it's picture perfect. Search a bit for 'sis' and 'bobdeint' in the
mailing archives and read my posts about it.

For the rest of the components, the Pundit is an excellent choice. I
have one standing next to a Philips 16:9 tv; both of them silver and
blue leds, nice :)

-- Jeroen