[mythtv-users] Updated LxMSuite Website

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 17:35:39 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/05, Kenneth Hong <kenneth_hong at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >In case you haven't checked out the LxM website lately, they've made
> some updates.
>
> Those updates were a major bottleneck for new web services (like the
> bounty system) and took quite a bit of work between James Meyer & the
> LxMSuite web developers and Tribune.  Now that that's been completed,
> they can start offering stuff that's *only* available to subscribers.

Donavan,

As someone who's involved with LxMSuite, please could you take a
minute explain to me (and other non-US potential subscribers) the
benefits to a non-US based myther. I just had a look at the website,
and it seems (to me at least) to be a US-centred media portal.

I get listings for free (after the mandatatory licence fee) from the
BBC (a public funded broadcaster) in the UK, so the only benefit I can
see is access to new plugins and themes - have I got this right? I'm
also wondering whether LxM will be providing only add-on features, or
working over existing code also for fix bugs etc, and how this new
software will be released licence-wise. Is there a model for non-US
subscribers to pay a reduced fee as it seems many of the benefits
pointed out in the LxM FAQ are non-usable.

One final thing - the FAQ mentions LxM is not just working on MythTV -
is there a list of other software this subscription covers (or may
cover)?

Many thanks,
Nick