[mythtv-users] Exit screen saver using remote control

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 18:46:19 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Obie Fayth <bibendum59 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sure this must have come up before, but I couldn't find anything
> in the archives...
>
>      If I leave my frontend paused or on a menu for a while eventually
> the screen saver comes on.  This is great, but unfortunately I can't
> exit the screen saver using my remote; I have to use the IR keyboard.
> I'm using a learning remote with lirc and a serial IR receiver I
> built.
>      I know I could program an unused key on the remote to send a
> signal to the IR keyboard's receiver, but ideally I'd like to make it
> so that any keypress on the remote wakes the system up. I had bad luck
> getting the remote to learn all of the keyboard signals which is why I
> went with the serial IR receiver. Has anyone come up with a solution
> to this problem?

Does irxevent interrupt the screen saver? You could map a button like
the following (adjust for remote name, button etc):

begin
remote = SKY_NAVIGATOR
prog = irxevent
button = KP_A_LOWERCASE
repeat = 3
config = Key a CurrentWindow
end

so that it sends an 'a' to the app. Not sure if this would interrupt
things though.

Nick