[mythtv-users] Exit screen saver using remote control

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 19:38:12 UTC 2005

>     I know I could program an unused key on the remote to send a
> signal to the IR keyboard's receiver, but ideally I'd like to make it
> so that any keypress on the remote wakes the system up. I had bad luck
> getting the remote to learn all of the keyboard signals which is why I
> went with the serial IR receiver.

Do you have a JP1 capable remote. My remote strictly uses the keyboard
signals. I can bypass lirc altogether that way. I programmed it all in
the JP1 tools. Great stuff. Now pressing any button on the remote is
like pressing a key so the screensaver would go away if I had it
enabled.
--
I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.