[mythtv-users] low footprint Mythtv backend compile and install on Slackware 10

Chera Bekker hbekker at introweb.nl
Fri Jun 24 21:23:00 UTC 2005

Hi list,

I would like to run the Mythtv backond on a 24/7 headless server running
slackware 10. What would be the best way to have a very low footpint
compilation and install of just the backend? Do I still need Qt for
instance?

The server is a Celeron 400Mhz with 398 Mb of memory and it doesn't pack
all the Qt, KDe and other bloated packages. And I'd like to keep it that
way :-).

The ideal situation would ofcourse be that Mythtv already exists as an
Slack package....

Regards

Chera Bekker