[mythtv-users] SATA Drive Failure

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 02:54:06 UTC 2005

Think I've found a source of my constant crashing. I have a Maxtor
SATA 250GB drive. I started poking around google and came up with the
hdparm test. I ran it and got

Timing cached reads:   816 MB in  2.01 seconds

A respectable IDE drive and do 3000mb in 2.00 seconds.

So my drive is running at 20% efficiency. That will make a difference.

If anyone has any ideas of what to do here I'm open. Other than that
it looks like I'll be ripping it out of the front room and replacing
the HD. 250GB are not cheep so not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Too late to exchange it.

kel