[mythtv-users] SATA Drive Failure

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Jun 25 03:18:02 UTC 2005

It might still be covered under manufacturers warranty.
A 250 SATA isn't all that old.  Not really all that expensive
either - I just picked one up the other day for $99.

Paul

>>> Kelly <navykel at gmail.com> 06/24/05 10:54 PM >>>
Think I've found a source of my constant crashing. I have a Maxtor
SATA 250GB drive. I started poking around google and came up with the
hdparm test. I ran it and got

Timing cached reads:   816 MB in  2.01 seconds

A respectable IDE drive and do 3000mb in 2.00 seconds.

So my drive is running at 20% efficiency. That will make a difference.

If anyone has any ideas of what to do here I'm open. Other than that
it looks like I'll be ripping it out of the front room and replacing
the HD. 250GB are not cheep so not sure what I'm going to do with it.
Too late to exchange it.

kel