[mythtv-users] My Tivo just died. Beyond or Myth?

Cecil Watson cwatson at linkline.com
Sat Jun 25 03:40:16 UTC 2005

Hello,

Todd Bailey wrote:
> Just my 2 cents here.

Just my 2 cents.
> I think 2 more items that need to be considered is system stability, and
> ease of installation.
> None of the replies I read so far mention how stable myth is when
> compared to beyond.
What do you expect?  You are on the MythTV mailing list...  I for one
have never used BeyondTV or any Windows based PVR.
> And I think it's probably safe to say that installation of beyond tv is
> plug and play while myth needs careful installation and attention to
> detail.

I bet I could install KnoppMyth on a bare system faster than you can
install BeyondTV (and Windows) on a bare system.
> I've been evaluating it for about a week and so far my experiences have
> been, for lack of better terms, interesting.
I've been using MythTV for over 2 years.  First on Mandrake then on
KnoppMyth.  It has been very stable.  For the most part, I leave my
master backend running 24x7.  Last month I went out of town for a
business trip that was suppose to last 1 week, it ended up being three.
  When I returned, my master backend had filled up, yet the it was still
up and running!

Regards,

Cecil

PS:  While one can watch and record HDTV w/ MythTV, currently one cannot
w/ BeyondTV.