[mythtv-users] solution to mplayer foreground issue

Matthew Conway wr0ngers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 04:04:34 UTC 2005

I was having an issue with mplayer where when I used it to play a DVD,
only the top half of the screen would get blacked out, leaving the dvd
playing between a black bar on top and the mythfrontend screen on the
bottom.

The solution that fixed this for me was to specify the "-fstype none"
flag (seems to be a know problem with KDE -
http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/~itdp/html/mplayer-users/2004-10/msg00377.html
).

Thus my full command line for playing dvds now looks like "mplayer
dvd:// -dvd-device /dev/dvd -fstype none -fs -zoom -vo xv"

Hope this helps someone else - anyone else with foreground/fullscreen
issues should give this a try.

--

Matthew Conway
w r 0 n g e r s  a t  g m a i l  d o t  c o m