[mythtv-users] Re: plextor m402u. Which linux distribution coldplugs it properly ?

stanley kamithi skamithi at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 13:48:26 UTC 2005

thanks for the tip.

I actually solved the problem yesterday.

its due to  a problem described in the following thread.
http://forums.divx.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/996105602/m/405108842/p/1

Some problem with /sbin/udevsend..

I applied the workaround..

Change the
"        echo /sbin/udevsend > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug" entry
in /etc/init.d/udev script to
" echo /sbin/hotplug > /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug"

After that coldplugging  the plextor usb tuner works on Mandriva LE2005.

After making that change, for some reason, ALSA doesn't load my sound
card modules..  so i get no sound. I manually added "modprobe
sound-slot-0" to my rc.local script to make it all work now.

I'm happy now :)