[mythtv-users] My Tivo just died. Beyond or Myth?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 25 16:15:52 UTC 2005

Andrew Close wrote:

>On 6/24/05, Robert Basil <robertbasil at robertbasil.com> wrote:
>
>>3. The ability to record one show while watching another.
>>

>and this for as many tuners as you have.  you need at least two for this option.

Just wanted to clarify...  With only one tuner, it's possible to record
one show while watching a previously-recorded show.  With two tuners,
it's possible to record one show while watching LiveTV--or, even better,
it's possible to record two shows at the same time while watching one of
the currently-recording or previously-recorded programs.

And, as a corollary, with four tuners, it's possible to record four
programs while watching a recording (I've actually done this in a single
combined frontend/backend)...

Mike