[mythtv-users] One schedule not being transcoded

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 17:43:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 01:02:40PM -0400, Sasha Z wrote:
> My ST:TNG schedule isn't being run through the transcoder - so it's
> filling up my storage array very quickly. All of my schedules have
> been created through Mythweb, but this is the only one where
> transcoding doesn't work.
>
> Also, there's no way to transcode or commercial flag a recording
> through mythweb,  nor is there a way to set transcoding options for
> a recording schedule in mythweb.

There is a patch available to support setting transcoding options
through mythweb:

	http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4

> Anybody have an idea why this one schedule isn't being transcoded?

There was a bug where "find-once" schedule weren't being transcoded,
but it sounds like you have a recurring schedule, so this isn't it.

What version are you using? If using CVS, your recording profiles also
need to have transcoding enabled, so it's possible that your ST:TNG
recordings were made on a capture card whose profile does not have
transcoding enabled.

Otherwise, I don't have a good idea; maybe you could try deleting the
recording schedule and re-entering it into mythweb (or mythtv GUI)?

--Rob