[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 01:03:21 UTC 2005

Hi all,
 I have been running on the CVS (now SVN) builds and recently noticed a
problem. When I watch recorded shows and fast forward, the screen kind of
gets messed up, the OSD comes up and the "total time" portion changes times
(even though it is no longer recording) and then the video straightens
itself out and its okay again. However, this takes several seconds. If I
"jump" forward (15 minutes for me), it does the same thing, but it can take
30 seconds or longer to come back.
 On my "Seeking" options screen in Setup, I have the following:
Fast Forward amount = 30
Rewind amount = 10
Smart Fast Forwarding is not selected
Sticky keys is not selected
Fast forward/rewind reposition amount = 100
Reverse direction in fast forward/rewind is unchecked
Seek to exact frame is checked (also tried with unchecked, but had the same
result)
Jump amount = 15
 I didn't have this problem when I was using 0.18, but also didn't have it
up until the last few weeks (I update to CVS every 2 to 3 weeks). I also
pretty regularly do a apt-get update / dist-upgrade. However, after the
problem started, I used the cvs 'make uninstall' and reinstalled from Axel's
RPMs. This had the same problem.
 Could this be something related to a different package (mplayer or
something)?
 Anyone else seen this problem? Any thoughts would be appreciated as it
makes skipping around in the recordings nearly useless.
 Thanks,
phlepper

--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. --
Confucius