[mythtv-users] Updated LxMSuite Website

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 01:44:32 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/25/05, Mark H <mrhegstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   Call me a purist...   Maybe I dont fully get it.   I have a feeeling
> > that lxmsuite will be giving back much like the way Steve Jobs goes on
> > and on about how Apple gives back to the open source community.
>
> Nah you're not a purist.  Uniformed maybe, jaded probably but not a purist.
>

> >   Looks to me like this is pretty much a 1 way street and should not
> > be touted as anything more than that.
>
> Then prehaps you should consider glasses?   It's anything but one way.

Just my 2c worth......

As a mythtv user i think that LxM is a great idea.
BUT ( there is always a BUT ) as a person that lives in Australia the
tv listings hook is useless. Maybe they could come up with separate
pricing for some of there content, like the themes.
A lot of people seem to like the Midnight theme (time to put our money
where your mouth is or fingers seeing we are typing this :-) ) i think
that there would be several people that would buy the Syth or Midnight
theme just to help the developers on this list that give there time
freely and if you guys can get behind a 'paid' product and get
something out of it great, you deserve it.
>From a purely selfish point of view, it would properly mean that the
content and ideas that spawned mythtv would get a great boost.

But if the LxM people just want a subscription each month, for me
there would be no point.

Chris H