[mythtv-users] Skip forward doesn't work correctly anymore

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Jun 26 03:12:04 UTC 2005

Paul Leppert wrote:

> I have been running on the CVS (now SVN) builds and recently noticed a
> problem.  When I watch recorded shows and fast forward, the screen
> kind of gets messed up, the OSD comes up and the "total time" portion
> changes times (even though it is no longer recording) and then the
> video straightens itself out and its okay again.  However, this takes
> several seconds.  If I "jump" forward (15 minutes for me), it does the
> same thing, but it can take 30 seconds or longer to come back.

Sounds like a problem with recordedmarkup.  First, you should try
repairing the table.  I recommend stopping mythbackend and  running:

mysqlrepair -umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

to check and repair all tables in the database.  Oh, and--as
always--probably a good idea to backup your database first:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.5 .

Mike