[mythtv-users] apt-get upgrade .18 no sound

jacko emailgeek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 05:11:27 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hmm.. I have newer version of alsamixer v1.0.9.  I am looking athe
> > IEC958 setting and I do not have PCM like yours shows.  It only says
> > 00.
> >
> > Also, when I go to the mixer through the KDE menu and pull up the GUI
> > version IEC958 is not set.. and if I set it and the try to play
> > something through mplayer and then go back into the GUI the IEC958
> > setting is unchecked again.
> >
> No expert here, but I do remember that folks with KDE should disable
> ARTS. Have you done that? Maybe that's a cause?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

ARTS was is not selected and disabled.  It was disabled before and
after I did a apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade.  I am really
confused how this upgrade to .18 caused the sound to stop working.
Nothing changed except the upgrade... all was working great.  I really
don't want to go back to winhoze or do a re-install to have the same
thing happen to me down the road.  I am really frustrated with this
issue... and to boot everytime I try to go the ALSA homepage the
server seems to be down.