[mythtv-users] Re: EPG language confusion

Johan Heikkilä johan.heikkila at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:38:57 UTC 2005

On 6/24/05, Johan Heikkilä <johan.heikkila at gmail.com> wrote:

> The real problem is that I always have to have two schedules to get
> every episode of a show recorded. If I mark a show that is listed in Finnish it
> won't record the next episode if it is listed in Swedish. So I have to
> find episodes listed in both languages and mark them to be recorded.
> Then in Recorded Programs the show is listed in two places, under the
> Finnish name and under the Swedish name, which is also a bit annoying.

So nobody else have problems with mixed languages in the EPG?

I'm thinking this is something that is not implemented yet, but it
would be nice with a comment from someone that has knowledge about the
EPG.

This wouldn't be an issue in countries with one language only, but in
countries with several broadcasted languages, where the EPG also seems
to be broadcasted in several languages it is an issue, because it
makes it more difficult to schedule things.

Johan