[mythtv-users] DVB Radio?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 12:52:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm in the UK, using DVB-T. I was wondering if anybody has got any
ideas how/if radio could be implemented in MythTV. I used to be able
to do it before the DVB scanning application was written, by editing
the PIDs. AFAIK, its now impossible to do this.

I tried to do a very basic version of a radio player by running a
script to save the radio to  a file and then playing using it in
mythmusic. It didn't work very well, and it meant I had to use "Open
DVB card on demand".

I now think it would probably be a lot easier to implement it in
mythstream, it could work in a similar way to a podcast (dumping the
mp2 to a file, and playing it using the stream).

I'm not very experienced in programming, but I'd like to learn, so if
its possible to do something like this, I might have a try!

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Jonny