[mythtv-users] Mythmusic Visualisations

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 13:08:32 UTC 2005

Duncan Brown wrote:

> Hey all
>
> Few quick questions about mythmusic visualisations that i've failed to
> find anything about by searching..
>
> 1) Is there anywhere I can download any more?
>
> 2) Is there any way of having the track name appear whenever a new one
> starts?
>
> 3) Anyone got any plans or heard anyone mention porting the excellent
> (and now open) milkdrop to myth?

regarding Q3.. I think projectM would be better to implement:
http://xmms-projectm.sourceforge.net/

milkdrop is win32 only as it uses directx.. but projectM is opengl based
and it's only requirement is a stable sdl library.

might be worth looking into further as it's all been moved to a library
now so should be relatively easy (for a programmer) to implement.

Craig