[mythtv-users] MythTV backend failing after recording a program

Damian Power damian.power at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:28:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just completed installation of MythTV 0.18 on FC3 and everything
seemed to be running fine. I tried a test recording to make sure
everything was working. The program recorded as expected, but
afterwards I got the following error in the MythTV frontend:

"The connection to the master backend server has gone away for some
reason.. Is it running?"

When I connect to the MythTV box I can see that the backend process is
still running and still listening on the socket.

I'm using a WintV PVR 350 capture card and the following ivtv packages
are installed.

ivtv-firmware-enc-2.04.024-4.at
ivtvdev-0.10-2.rhfc3.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.11-1.27_FC3-0.2.0-68_rc3j.rhfc3.at
ivtv-firmware-dec-2.02.023-4.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-6.rhfc3.at
ivtv-0.2.0-68_rc3j.rhfc3.at
ivtv-firmware-1.8a-4.at

I'd be grateful for any insights or suggestions people have to offer.

-damian.