[mythtv-users] My Tivo just died. Beyond or Myth?

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:43:00 UTC 2005

On 6/26/05, Todd Bailey <toddb at toddbailey.net> wrote:
> A few more comments* for those who want to give myth tv a try.
>
> 1.  If you have 0 to little knowledge of Linux or just a passing curiosity
> in a non windows based media center application and you want 95 plus %
> uptime then you probably want to pass on this.
>
> 2.  If you want a pc based pvr/media center pc that is to the primary device
> that is solid, trouble free, easy to install, easier to maintain and
> troubleshoot and item 1 applies I'd also pass.

This can be condensed down to:  "If you have no linux experiance and
aren't willing to do your homework pass".  My uptime on my
non-development machines is beyond 95% and pretty much always has
been. Heck the only time my backend goes down is because there was a
power outage or I'm installing an update to mythbackend or something.